September 11th, 2016
The San Francisco Giant Race
The San Francisco Giant Race Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K Presented by Blueprint for Athletes takes place on Sunday, September 11th, 2016. Now in it’s seventh year, The San Francisco Giant Race promises to be bigger and better than ever.
As the Presenting Sponsor of the Giant Race, Blueprint for Athletes would like to help you reach your peak performance on race day. Take control of your diet and training with Blueprint for Athletes. Click HERE to learn more and save 20% off your entire order.
- Start Times – same as the last two years (Half/10k at 7am, and 5k at 10:50am). Please note the Kids Race is on SATURDAY 9/10 at noon.
- Bobblehead – all half marathon, 10k, 5k, and kids race/family relay registrants will get a Brandon Crawford Giant Race Runner Bobblehead!.
- Baseball Tickets – Runners Night is Monday 9/12 vs. the San Diego Padres. All Runners Night ticket holders will receive that night’s Special Event item (a Giants/Project Open Hand barbeque spatula). Tickets are no longer available during registration, but can be found through the Special Event portal. CLICK HERE TO BUY RUNNERS NIGHT TICKETS.
- Kids Race/Family Relay – takes place on SATURDAY again this year, during expo hours (high Noon). This allows for kids to have more fun, and fun is good.
- Packet Mailing – The deadline to opt for packet mailing is July 27th. For those who do not opt for packet mailing, you (or someone on your behalf) MUST attend the expo to pick up your packet. THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. For those who do opt for packet mailing, shirts WILL be mailed, and bobbleheads WILL NOT be mailed. If you have your packet mailed to you, you may pick up your bobblehead inside AT&T Park after you finish the race.
- Parking – in an effort to reduce traffic and congestion on race morning, official ballpark lots will be reserved for pre-paid passes ONLY. No cash will be accepted onsite. You may secure a pre-paid pass during registration for $10. If you choose to wing it, there are plenty of metered spots available near AT&T Park on Sundays, and Uber is kinda popular these days too.
Presenting your 2016 Giant Race Brandon Crawford Bobblehead and Finisher Medal: