August 27th, 2017
San Francisco Giant Race
Half Marathon – 10K – 5K – Kids Race – Family Relay at AT&T Park!
- Start Times – San Francisco Giant Race Half/10K at 7am, and 5K at 10:50am. Please note the Kids Race is on SATURDAY 8/26 at noon.
- Bobblehead & Other Race Goodies – all half marathon, 10K, 5K, and Kids Race/Family Relay registrants will get the 8th-annual Giant Race Runner Bobblehead in addition to a techinical race t-shirt & finisher medal.
- Runners Night at AT&T Park – Join us for a Giants baseball game! Come and relive your Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, Kids Race and Family Relay accomplishment with family and friends at Runner’s Night. Click here for more information & to secure your tickets.
- Awards – Remember, if you’re expecting a Series Sweep, Three Bagger, and/or the Turn Two Award, make sure you’ve signed up for all races with the same form of your name and birthdate (i.e. John each time, instead of Johnny, Jack, and JoJo) AND to check our eligibility pages on giantrace.com. If you do not do both things we reserve the right not to give you an award onsite.
- Kids Race/Family Relay – takes place on SATURDAY again this year, during expo hours (high Noon). This allows for kids to have more fun, and fun is good. See more information here.
- Packet Mailing – The deadline to opt for packet mailing is July 13th. For those who do not opt for packet mailing, you (or someone on your behalf) MUST attend the expo to pick up your packet. THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. For those who do opt for packet mailing, shirts WILL be mailed, and bobbleheads WILL NOT be mailed. If you have your packet mailed to you, you may pick up your bobblehead inside AT&T Park after you finish the race.
- Parking – in an effort to reduce traffic and congestion on race morning, official ballpark lots will be reserved for pre-paid passes ONLY. No cash will be accepted onsite. You may secure a pre-paid pass during registration for $10. If you choose to wing it, there are plenty of metered spots available near AT&T Park on Sundays, and Uber is kinda popular these days too.
- VIP Race Day Lounge – Get the most out of your Giant Race experience by joining the Runners Club Lounge on race day. Enjoy a full spread of goodies (both pre and post-race), massages, AT&T Park tour tickets, and yes, even a private bathroom! See it all here.
- Virtual/Remote Runner Option – NEW THIS YEAR! Run the event remotely (i.e. on your own wherever in the world you are), receive your medal, shirt, and bobblehead in the mail (including your Series Sweep, Three Bagger, and Turn Two Awards if you’re eligible). While we encourage everyone to come to the event in person (because nothing beats finishing on the field at AT&T Park), we recognize not everyone is able to. All we ask is that you snap a photo of yourself running remotely and #giantrace. Extra brownie points for exotic locations.