September 6th-8th, 2019
San Francisco Giant Race
Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the San Francisco Giant Race!
Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, Kids Race & Family Relay at AT&T Park!
2019 will be a year full of celebrations as we honor the past and present in the 10th Anniversary of the San Francisco Giant Race Presented by Alaska Airlines!
- Start Times: Half Marathon & 10K at 7am PST. 5K at 10:50am PST. Kids Race/Family Relay is on Saturday, Sept. 7
- Race Expo: Friday, Sept. 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at AT&T Park.
- Awards: All runners will receive an exclusive 10th Anniversary San Francisco Giant Race medal and a finisher’s trophy. Participants will also finish on the field at AT&T Park!
- New in 2019 – The Lou Seal Challenge: Help celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Giant Race by signing up for the Lou Seal Challenge! Run the Half Marathon at 7 a.m. AND the 5K at 10:50 a.m., and earn the Lou Seal Challenge Medal. Racers will also receive the Half Marathon Finishers Medal and the 5K Finishers Medal upon completion of each race respectively.
- Race Day Parking: AT&T Ballpark lots will be reserved for pre-paid passes only, and no cash will be accepted onsite. Pre-paid passes will be available for purchase during registration online. Metered parking is available surrounding AT&T Park.
10th Anniversary Runner Stories
Jessica – Wilsonville, OR
“It’s by far the largest event I run, and it’s pretty awesome to see all the outfits and the sheer variety of runners. And finishing on the field is a feeling that truly cannot be replicated.”
“The race is also an opportunity for me to spend time with my good friend Danielle, who has raced with me every single year. We catch up, eat a lot of good food, and then picnic after the race. It’s a whole lovely weekend. This year my friend will be bringing her baby for the first time, and hopefully the tradition will grow!”
Scott – Rancho Cordova, CA
“I am inspired to run by an internal fire to always be improving myself. Exploration, whether visiting a new place or searching within, is my defining nature and running tests my mettle every day.”
“The S.F. course is my favorite race course anywhere… and that includes the NYC Marathon! Cool mornings, flat running, famous landmarks, and gorgeous scenery. Who could ask for more?!”
Bill – Los Altos, CA
“My favorite memory of the Giant Race is Watching my father-in-law win the 75+ age division in back-to-back years (2017-18), while running with his grandson!”
“I am thankful to the Giant Race crew–Scott, Alyssa, Brian, Sara, Stephen, and everyone else involved in putting on this tremendous event. I’m proud to have 23 Giant races under my belt so far, and hope to hit 100 before my running career is over!”
“The 2019 San Francisco Giant Race will be my 10th SF Giant Race, and hopefully my 27th (of 28) in the Giant Race series. I have never missed an SF Giant Race (2010-2018), Scottsdale Giant Race (2014-18), or Sacramento Giant Race (2016-18). I did miss ONE San Jose Giant Race (2013) but participated in all the others (2012, 2014-18).”