The first annual Sacramento Giant Race Riverfront 5k and River Cat 10k Relay takes place on Saturday, April 2nd, 2016.
- Race Distances – Welcome to AAA. Fresh out of Spring Training, this is your chance to get your swings (well, miles) in as you prep for the Big Leagues. You have two distance options. The Riverfront 5k tours the area around Raley Field before finishing on the field. The River Cat 10k Relay can be done solo (two laps around the 5k course) or with a buddy (in a two person team – both of you will run a 5k lap). Note: all participants will finish on the field.
- Start Times – Official wave and start time info will be posted closer to the race date. In the meantime, expect the starting gun to go off for all distances sometime around 8:00am PT.
- Packet Pickup – Please note that there will be no mailing option for Sacramento. You must pick up your bib during the packet pickup hours listed on the website.
- Baseball Tickets – Giants vs. River Cats | March 30th – Did you know that The River Cats will face off against its major-league affiliate, the San Francisco Giants, for the first time ever in a March 30, 2016 Exhibition Game? Ticket information can be found here. While we’re not currently able to offer you a special ticket offer for this game, we hope to see you there!
- Three Bagger Award – Participating in The Sacramento Giant Race automatically puts you in the running for the coveted Three Bagger Award (given to those who finish the Giant Race events in Sacramento, San Jose, and San Francisco). If you are hoping to Bag Three in 2016, please ensure you register for all races using the same form of your name and birthdate (i.e. John each time, instead of Johnny, Jack, and JoJo). What’s the award? We’ll announce that in early 2016.