Riverfront 5K – River Cat 10K – River Cat 10K Team Relay at Raley Field
- Race Distances – Welcome to AAA. Fresh out of Spring Training, this is your chance to get your swings (well, miles) in as you prep for the Big Leagues. You have two distance options. The Riverfront 5K tours the area around Raley Field before finishing on the field. The River Cat 10K can be done solo (two laps around the 5K course) or with a buddy (in a two person team – both of you will run a 5K lap). Note: all participants will finish on the field.
- 10K/5K/Relay Start Times – All races will begin at 8:00am PST.
- Packet Pickup – There will be a packet pickup option in San Francisco as well as Sacramento. More details will come your way soon. Please note that there will be no mailing option for Sacramento. You must pick up your race packet (bib/timing chip/t-shirt) during the packet pickup hours listed on the website.
- Race Goodies – Racers will receive a technical race t-shirt & finisher medal.
- Three Bagger Award – Participating in Sacramento automatically puts you in the running for the coveted Three Bagger Award (given to those who finish the Giant Race events in Sacramento, San Jose, and San Francisco). If you are hoping to Bag Three in 2017, please ensure you register for all races using the same form of your name and birthdate (i.e. John each time, instead of Johnny, Jack, and JoJo). What’s the award? We’ll announce that in early 2017.
- Virtual/Remote Runner Option – NEW THIS YEAR! Run the event remotely (i.e. on your own wherever in the world you are), receive your race goodies in the mail, and make yourself eligible for the Giant Race Series Awards. While we encourage everyone to come to the event in person (because Sac and Raley Field are super cool), we recognize not everyone is able to. Your virtual registration includes mailing of your race goodies (shirt and medal; they will arrive after the event date), and will also make you eligible for the annual Three Bagger Award (given to those who participate in Sac, SJ, and SF in 2017). All we ask is that you snap a photo of yourself running remotely and #giantrace. Extra brownie points for exotic locations.